1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tough Problem...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by EskimoGenius, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EskimoGenius

EskimoGenius Thread Starter

Ok, I just installed a fresh new copy of Windows XP SP1 and upgraded to SP2. Then I installed all my drivers and all essential softwares. One of my essential softwares were iTunes. So I downloaded a copy off the Apple website. And it showed up this error, When I double clicked it:
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\EskimoGenius\Desktop\iTunes743Setup.exe
    This application has failed to start because the application configuration was incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
    So then I was going "What the hell" and I googled it up. I went to this site where someone told me to install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. So then I downloaded that and ran it. When I double click on the .NET framework it showed up a few german characters and asked me Yes or No.

When I clicked No, it disappears and nothing happens. But when I clicked Yes, its tells me about the License Agreement in English and the Agreement in random German characters. It asks me Yes or No. If i click No, it again disappears, if yes then it says:

Code:
    Setup could not find a drive with 3196943411KB free space to install the program. Please free up some space first and press RETRY or CANCEL to exit setup.
    Then I gone nuts and said "It doesn't need that much amount of free space... Does it?" and so I thought of forums.techguy.org and thats where I am....

Many thanks for those who attempted to solve my problem

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Open internet explorer,click tools/windows update.
    Get the updates from there and you can get .NET 1.1,2.0&3.0 as well
    as other updates.

3. EskimoGenius

When I do that, it says searching for ActiveX controls and it stops there forever.

4. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

This may help with that.
    Probably wouldn't hurt to search for and dowload IE7.
    Internet explorer 6.

5. 00trav

00trav

for what its worth you do not need the .NET framework to run itunes. and unless you are using software that requires the .NET framework, i wouldn't bother with it. it slows down the startup of a machine and creates a slightly less secure environment.

as far as itunes, i would update your windows to the most current updates, and then download a fresh copy from the site, reboot and try again.

6. EskimoGenius

Thanks for trying to fix my problem, however, when I go to the Windows Update Site, and click the "Download and Install Now" button, this Microsoft Windows Update window pops up, downloads and installs the Windows Genuine Advantage Update however when it is finished downloading, it says "Failed!" and brings me to a window where it says:

Some Updates weren't installed

The following updates were not installed:
    Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice