1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tower fell on its side, now stuck on boot up screen.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pvnty, Nov 9, 2018 at 6:39 PM.

Advertisement
  1. pvnty

pvnty Thread Starter

I have an Acer Aspire TC-780. The tower fell on its side after I stepped on the usb cable connected to my headset, pulling the tower down. No height involved as it’s on the ground. The computer was off at the time, however I tried to boot it up & it won’t go past the boot up screen. It’ll say, “diagnosing pc” & then only give me options to restore or turn off pc. I’ve opened it to check if my ram & GPU were loose & they aren’t. Before I set it up again, any other damage I should check & trouble shoot for? It was really a small fall & i can’t see any major damages.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Check all cables are snugly connected.

3. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Maybe the HDD got damaged from the impact.

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    I think it's unlikely that the hdd would have suffered damage from a tower tilting over. It's a good idea to check any and all cables and connectors. So, unplug all power connectors and data cables. Reinsert them and make sure they're in tight. If that doesn't fix the issue? Please report back and we can do some more troubleshooting.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218924

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice