1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tower sounds

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dlkseedig, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dlkseedig

dlkseedig Thread Starter

Hi, for the past few days I have noticed a sound coming from my tower. It sounds like I put in a cd in the drive, but I haven't. Can anyone tell me why this is happening. Any comments would be great.

Thank you,
    dlkseedig

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Welcome to TSG!

Take the side off the tower and check where the noise is coming from.

To be honest, its about impossible to diagnose a problem from a description of a sound via a forum, but a "look and see" is a quick and easy method.

3. remaja

remaja

welcome to tsg
    you should post this on the hardware section you'll get better answers there.

they are probably your fans. what's the specs of your computer? you should type more than just xp home edition on your profile.

if your computer is older four year as you stated, you should give it a clean. brush of the dust from you fans. I have mine for a year and the amount of dust was amazing.

4. remaja

remaja

welcome to tsg
    you should post this on the hardware section you'll get better answers there.

they are probably your fans. what's the specs of your computer? you should type more than just xp home edition on your profile.

if your computer is older four year as you stated, you should give it a clean. brush of the dust from you fans. I have mine for a year and the amount of dust was amazing.

5. dlkseedig

dlkseedig Thread Starter

Thank you for the fast reply. I will try what you have suggested.

6. dlkseedig

dlkseedig Thread Starter

Hey, thanks. I did clean it about 2 months ago, I had a bug or something and had to take it to a computer repair center, they cost so much money! What other information should I list about my computer other then windows xp home edition? Thanks for the tips.

7. remaja

remaja

did the sound went away?

it's best that you list down the browser your using. and probably the appropriate hardware specs that you have
    eg: RAM, CPU ect

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice