TP-LINK Repeater Not Connecting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NeoFlash

My setup consists of the following: TP-LINK Router Model No. TL-WR541G and TP-LINK Wireless Repeater Model No. TL-WA500G.

I've set the Wireless Mode Settings to Universal Repeater and turned on MAC filtering. My problem is that when I connect to the wireless repeater with a phone or tablet (both working on android) it just wont connect. It gets stuck on "obtaining ip address". The wireless repeater works fine with any laptop, pc, netbook etc. I made sure that all the MAC Addresses are entered correctly. Also the phone and tablet connect fine to the router, but when the router is out of range and it tries to connect to the repeater it doesnt work. I tried all the basic troubleshooting techniques i.e. turning off wifi, turning off repeater & router.

Could anyone help? I've been trying to solve this problem for a year now :(

Thanks in advance.

NeoFlash

turned it off from the repeater's end. Seems to be working fine now. Although im not 100% sure that mac filtering is still working. Thanks for the help really appreciated. All the best :)

etaf

Wayne
what security are you using on the wireless ?
if WPA2 - then you dont need mac filtering , unless you have another reason to use it

NeoFlash

im only using mac filtering as security. The only reason i use mac filtering is to avoid more passwords on my mind. But if there's no other option i ll switch to wpa2

etaf

Wayne
mac filtering is easily broken - i would use a security with password -

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online