1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Tplink AC 1300 adapter on ubuntu

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Catalin1996, Nov 30, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Catalin1996

Catalin1996 Thread Starter

I would like a guide to properly install this adapter. I followed a lot of tutorials and i couldn t find anything that works. It’s a laptop hp probook, nothing too fancy running Ubuntu. I could connect to my wireless extender just once and when i tried to connect to my router, i received an error like “failed to connect to the network”. I must ve done stupid tutorials^^. Maybe if i remove the driver somehow and i just reinstall following your steps it will work. Thank you very much for hearing me! Can t wait to hear from you!

2. arochester

arochester

3. Catalin1996

Catalin1996 Thread Starter

I tried to look at aditional drivers but it was empty. I tried to enable dhcp by modifying interfaces. I would like a simple tutorial, how should i do everything, from step 1 to final. Maybe i did something wrong and it s not the guides, i don t know.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did you try using an Ethernet cable?
    Once connected, you can do a 'sudo apt-get upgrade', then 'sudo apt-get update' to bring down some updates, which might include the driver you need.

5. tecknurd

tecknurd

Load up any terminal program. Type dmesg > dmesg.log and post it here.

Check if wifi tools are installed. If not, install them.

Re-installing the so called drivers won't fix a problem. Linux doesn't have onion layers like Windows does. Either it works in Linux or doesn't. Not to complicate things, the module requires to be compiled for the kernel version that you are using.

Please post all the tutorials that you tried. Multiple tutorials can make a mess, so the problem then becomes harder.

If you insist using wifi, you can turn any wifi router into a wired to wireless bridge. It's easier to use Ethernet or wired network instead of wifi when using Linux.

FYI, it's called module not driver

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice