TPlink router keeps on resetting itself

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zesszehel

Hello,

My router keeps on resetting itself since last night and it had constantly been doing that at every 30 mins or so.
I also have the DD-WRT firmware installed on it.
The firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r35874 std (05/04/18)
I'm not sure if I should update the firmware since there is an update put up already, but i'm scared that while updating the firmware the router would reset itself during the procedure.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

TerryNet

Terry
If it is plugged into a surge protector or power strip try plugging it directly into a wall outlet.

Triple6

Rob
By resetting do you mean rebooting or do you mean resetting it's internal settings?

You can also try another outlet on a completely different circuit too.

DD-WRT v3.0-r35874 is many versions behind.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
IMHO the 1000$ question is -
DD-WRT
on TP Link router
- where from - for the firmware TP-Link or the DD-WRT site.
Many TPLink routers will not work with DD-WRT

I suggest, if it is not a TP Link firmware, which I do not think it is, you revert to TP Link provided firmware

There have been many problems with many editions of DD-WRT and I thought that release was actually a Beta version, however whether it was or not, as my colleague says it is out of date
https://svn.dd-wrt.com//timeline

That all said - If you are going to use DD-WRT on any router then you just have to be prepared for problems and indeed you always run the risk of your TP-Link router becoming useful only as a paperweight.

zesszehel

By resetting do you mean rebooting or do you mean resetting it's internal settings?

You can also try another outlet on a completely different circuit too.

DD-WRT v3.0-r35874 is many versions behind.
It resets itself completely. I had to put in new password and username for the routers firmware and everything

Triple6

Rob
Flash it to the newest available DD-WRT version and see if it works properly. If not flash it back to stock firmware. If it still acts up toss it and buy a new router.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If it still acts up toss it and buy a new router.
I would if you have to go down that route be careful about attempting to use DD-WRT, unless you are willing to risk the new router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online