Tplink tg3269 problem internet connection problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

basilico

hello, I state that the card is only recognized by windows 7
now I explain the problem. when i connect the ethernet cable it tries to negotiate but then it answers unidentified network and if i try to enter the property of the network and change it from public to home network it doesn't make me do it
if I try to do an ipconfig it replies with an address that corresponds to 169.25.13.227 or something like that without indicating the gateway.
if I take another network card, this does not happen and the network is immediately recognized as home and works. Do you know anything about it?

thanks

TerryNet

Terry
I don't know why Windows insists on assigning "public" after it has assigned that kind of private IP address, but it does it consistently.

Maybe the "another network card" is not gigabit and the ethernet cable is defective (gigabit uses all 8 wires). Or maybe the Tplink tg3269 card just won't play nice with whatever is at the other end of the cable.

basilico

tried to put the same parameters assigned automatically to the working card (which I disabled) in the non-working card but nothing. At this point I think the card is broken

TerryNet

Terry
Thanks, Frank. The responses in that thread are kinda humorous.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online