1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Track Changes in Word removes spaces

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ElaineP, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElaineP

ElaineP Thread Starter

I found this question on another site, but without any answer. I am having the same problem.

I think I found a bug in 2010 Word. I set up a document in this version. Someone opened it in Word 2007 and went to track changes. It took out some of the spaces in the document! When I got it back with the edits, the spaces were still gone! I had to add them back manually.

This has happened with two separate documents (created in 2010, opened in 2007, track changes turned on and used)

I don't think it's a kerning problem - a similar problem I found on another website - but that turned out to be fonts over 16 pt and this was in Calibri 11 pt.

I am not sure if this is the correct Forum but would appreciate any assistance for a work-around besides doing the original in 2007.

Thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!