1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Track pad not working

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by livefortoday6491, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. livefortoday6491

livefortoday6491 Thread Starter

After upgrading to Windows 10 my laptop pointer tracks but does not click to activate, but strangely it works fine with a cordless mouse. Please can anyone help?

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Go to the manufacturer's website and see if there is a Windows 10 driver for your trackpad.

3. livefortoday6491

I have a Toshiba Satellite S50-B-12Z laptop but the Toshiba website does not seem to have any software that is appropriate.

4. good grief

good grief

Right click on your desktop, and go into the AMD Catalyst Control Center. Click on Information to expand, and click on Software under that. My driver comes from Advanced Micro Services, Inc. and I suspect yours does too, and it should have updated automatically.

To check, you can go into the Device Manager (just type it in the desktop search box), and expand Mouse and other pointing devices, then right click on the Synaptics Touchpad there, and select Update driver.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  5. good grief

good grief

Another thing you can try, is to click on the Synaptics icon in the tray, and make sure the tap to click option is ticked. If it is, select Properties, then Device Settings, and the Settings button halfway down the window. It'll bring up a new window with all the new features designed to partially mimic a touchscreen. See if the Tapping square/box is ticked.

6. CleaverX

CleaverX

In the control panel see if you have any options for managing the mouse properties and look in there to see if you can enable the function

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  8. livefortoday6491

Thanks the Elan driver has fixed the problem. Could you please give me the web page the link is on as I could not find it?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  9. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  10. livefortoday6491

Thanks for your help is has been most rewarding.

11. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    You're welcome.

(please mark this thread 'Solved' by editing the title)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1155250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice