1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trackbar problems in VisC++.

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by AlbertB, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlbertB

AlbertB Thread Starter

Has anyone out there come across this one? Visual C++ 6.0 running under Win2000 Pro.

I have started a simple app written from a "Hello World" starter where I have added an extra selection into the menu which opens another dialog. This opens. Ok, so I add a few usual things to the dialog and - it still opens and they all function. I add a trackbar to it and - hey presto, the dialog won't open from the menu. I remove the trackbar and - hey presto, it opens again

I am aware that a trackbar must be viewed as a dialog in its own right and created with the "CreateWindow(TRACKBAR_CLASS,....." I have studied my "Schildt" and done it as close to his code as I can, but no way can I get that dialog to open. Take away the trackbar and it springs back to life.

I passed it on to a friend, (superior), who is a VERY experienced software engineer, and he reproduced the same problem independently. Unfortunately he has no time to chase it through and offer more help. Can you guys :D please?

I am not really clear why, if a trackbar is a dialog and needs to be opened as such, you can drag one into a dialog in the Resource editor. Any clarity offered? :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice