tracking aol email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fieldingsudd

hi i just recently broke up with my boyfriend - i had shared my aol password with him - after the break up i started noticing weird things in my address book -- crazy names like jim nasium and Ima pigg - my guess is that he went in through aol.com and did this --- we shared our computer and i kept it i am wondering if he went in at his work - my question - do i have a leg to stand on if i call his work and complain ? if by chance they do look into my complaint - would their logs see that he signed on to my email address or would the logs just read aol.com -- i had personal mail about our break up - i am sure he read - i feel violated -even though its my fault for not changing the password - but what do company IT logs pull up ? any ideas ? :confused:

They probably won't do anything because he had the password.

And theyre not in the position to decide if he hacked it or not, if you go higher to aol they'll call you stupid for not changing your password.

Bear it in mind that if he had access to it, he could buy things on the master screen name without a credit card. Check your statements!

JoneeJay

To prove the origin (based on the IP address) you would need:

A complaint to the Police which warranted an investigation
The Police would need a search warrant on the ISP
The ISP would be able to validate IP addresses and owners at the times on the emails.

In short, its unlikely to happen.

fieldingsudd

i see -- not worth the time, money or effort - well since then i have changed my password - thanks for your replies :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online