1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tracking cookie/Adaware

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Gary300, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gary300

Gary300 Thread Starter

I keep getting Tracking cookies in my adaware search
    what is putting it there? I run AV 6.0, Spybot search & destroy and adaware.

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Tracking Cookie
    A Tracking Cookie, also known as a Spyware Cookie, is any Cookie that is collectively shared among unrelated websites for the intention of tracking and sharing a user’s surfing habits. Each particular website will recognize and read the Tracking Cookie while also accumulating additional information for future sites.

Tracking Cookies are mainly used to collect a user’s tendencies such as pages observed, advertisements viewed or any other behavioral activity. This valuable marketing data can then be used by the website to display highly relevant advertisements to match each particular user’s preferences.

Users have the option to disable all Cookies through settings on their Browser. However some websites will not function properly without Cookies enabled.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Gary300:

Tracking cookies are placed in your computer by certain sites that you visit. You don't want to completely disable cookies because this will prevent you from accessing and making use of many sites. Some setting changes though will reduce the number of cookies that are placed in your computer, along with reducing the amount of spyware.

Open Internet Explorer. Click Tools - Internet Options - Privacy - Advanced. Select Override automatic cookie handling, First-party cookies - Accept, Third-party cookies - Block, Always allow session cookies. Click OK - Apply - OK.

4. Gary300

Gary300 Thread Starter

Thank you guys for the time in helping me solve this problem.

I did exactly what you told me. If there are any more, I will let you know.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I got your reply in Outlook Express, but I don't see it in this thread.

If "Always allow session cookies" is unchecked, check it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276326

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice