1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tracking Cookie

Discussion in 'General Security' started by shucam, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shucam

shucam Thread Starter

I ran Nortons and I have 6 threats detected that I cannot get rid of. All 6 threats are named: Tracking Cookie. How harmful are these and how to I get rid of them?:eek:

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Tracking Cookies

Tracking cookies are mostly harmless. They come from websites you've visited. When you delete them and go back to the same sites, you'll get them over an over, unless you set your Internet browser to block cookies. You have to be careful though not to be too restrictive, or else, many websites won't work without them, like Hotmail, forums like this one, etc. Open the link I've provided above and sroll down to "Cookie Tips".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!