1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tracking cookies,etc

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by curlym, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curlym

curlym Thread Starter

I am having problems with my computer and can't get rid of some spy bots,etc. Can you help me with how to remove : Newton Knows, Real player search bar and C-Dilla (registry-key) I have an XP and am new at this.
    Somehow my security must have let them in.
    Thank you very much

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Newton Knows.Bar

Overview
    From the developer: "The Product displays content ("Content"), including advertisements, that may appear anywhere on the screen, including over the web page you are currently viewing, or over another software application on your desktop. By downloading and installing the Product, you are consenting to the display of Content by the Product in such a manner

Files
    bar.dll, ADVANC~1.DLL

Detection
    Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner (http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html) detects Newton Knows.Bar. Bazooka is freeware and detects spyware, adware, foistware, trojan horses, viruses, worms and other potentially unwanted applications. Read more »

Uninstall procedure
    Uninstall Newton Knows.Bar from "Add/Remove Programs" in the Windows® Control Panel.

Manual removal
    Please follow the instructions below if you would like to remove Newton Knows.Bar manually. Please notice that you must follow the instructions very carefully and delete everything that is mentioned. In most cases the removal will fail if one single item is not deleted. If Newton Knows.Bar remains on your system after stepping through the removal instructions, please double-check by stepping through them again.
    Start the registry editor. This is done by clicking Start then Run. (The Run dialog will appear.) Type regedit and click OK. (The registry editor will open.)
    Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ CLSID \ {EE392A64-F30B-47C8-A363-CDA1CEC7DC1B}, if it exists.
    Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Browser Helper Objects \ {EE392A64-F30B-47C8-A363-CDA1CEC7DC1B} if it exists.
    Exit the registry editor.
    Restart your computer.
    Delete %ProgramsDir%\ADVANC~1\ADVANC~1.DLL
    Delete %ProgramsDir%\ADVANC~1\bar.dll
    Note: %ProgramsDir% is a variable (?). By default, this is C:\Program Files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

About C-Dilla and how to remove...read the following link:
    http://www.discreet.com/support/max/faq/answer.php3?prod=dddstudio&id=1094

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269929

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice