1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tracking Cookies

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Maotura, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maotura

Maotura Thread Starter

Lately when i scan with Ad-Aware SE it finds about 16 tracking cookies type "IECache Entry", Category "Data Miner". I can delete them, but after awhile they return. Ever since i've been finding them my computer has been running slower. Are they from/for internet explorer? If not, how do i permanently get rid of them?

2. Fidelista

Fidelista

Hello Mao. Deleting tracking cookies should not be a problem, as far as a slow-down. Adaware is removing them , but you are undoubtly picking them back up visiting certain sites.
    Some advice, since I installed Spyware Blaster {a JavaCool program} on my PC's , and over a dozen others , I have noticed a marked decrease in items found by AdAware and Spy-bot. If you don't use Spyware Blaster---I suggest you do. Simple ---free and conflicts with no other programs.
    If your computer really runs slow , maybe a HijackThis log should be posted, possibly another problem?. Also do a general clean-up {Temp files & Temp internet files} and defrag.
    Here is a link for Spyware Blaster >>>>>
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2859.html
    It works :) >f

3. Maotura

Maotura Thread Starter

thank you so much! i'll try it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice