1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

tracking cookies

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by genobouliane, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. genobouliane

genobouliane Thread Starter

Hi all. I have a problem with tracking cookies that show up every time I run AdAware. How can I get rid of them?

2. kimmer13

kimmer13

You can
    1) stop Adaware from reporting them:
    uncheck "Search for Negligle Risks" before beginning the scan
    2) remove all cookies currently on your pc:
    Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools/Options and then click the button that says DeleteCookies)
    and/or
    3) prevent cookies from being stored on your pc in the first place :
    Again in Internet Explorer, click on Tools/Options and go to the Privacy tab, and move the slider to the top so that it says "Block All Cookies"

3. kimmer13

kimmer13

PS Happy Birthday !!!!

4. 911

If you block cookies, some websites will not allow you to have access. You can over-ride the blocking by clicking the edit button on the Privacy tab and entering the URLs for websites that you want to accept cookies from. Click Allow, then Apply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328317

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice