1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trackpad Clicking Randomly Unresponsive

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Synt4xError, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synt4xError

Synt4xError Thread Starter

Hello,

I am having an issue with my Macbook Pro.

Recently I have been having an issue with my laptop where my trackpad will be unresponsive, mainly when I first start the computer up. When I say trackpad, I am talking about the clicking of the mouse won't work. The mouse moves around but won't click on anything. It rarely happens when I am using the computer. It seems to happen when I am doing a fresh boot up.

I have to press and hold the power button to restart the computer, once it restarts from a shutdown it works. BUT thats only after I HOLD down the power button to power off.

The keyboard works when the trackpad clicking feature doesn't. I can press Command + Option + Esc and have the force quit menu popup, make my selection with the arrow keys, and press enter if I wanted to quit an application. When I hover the pointer over the force quit X to close the window, it doesn't do anything, just hovers. I can press ESC on the keyboard to make the force quit box disappear.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I think it has to be a software I have installed, but I have no way of telling. I deleted all the apps in my login items under accounts.

Does anyone have any other ideas?????

Thanks,
    Synt4x

2. Beafle

Beafle

You could try just getting a can of compressed air and spraying it around the touchpad. Is the computer in a particularly dusty environment?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice