Trademarks and other info?

cnelson04

Ok, i have any idea a little solgon i want to print up and sell on t-shirts. But i don't know if i have to make it a trademark or not? I don't want other people to be able to steal it. I looked into a copyright but it says "phrases" aren't copyrighted and its only 4 words so it is a phrase. I don't want to say what it is so no one else can steal. But trademarks can cost tons of money right? So what i'm saying is does it have to have TM, or a be copyrite in order for me to have complete controll over it? -cnelson. :)

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
Hi cnelson04,
This link will (hopefully!) take you to the Anti Counterfeiting Group. A UK based organisation that helps Rights holders protect their Trademarks.
http://www.a-cg.com/
I appreciate that you might not be UK based, but it might be possible for this organisation to put you in touch with similar authorities where you are.
I hope this helps?

Richard.

cnelson04 said:
Ok, i have any idea a little solgon i want to print up and sell on t-shirts. But i don't know if i have to make it a trademark or not? I don't want other people to be able to steal it. I looked into a copyright but it says "phrases" aren't copyrighted and its only 4 words so it is a phrase. I don't want to say what it is so no one else can steal. But trademarks can cost tons of money right? So what i'm saying is does it have to have TM, or a be copyrite in order for me to have complete controll over it? -cnelson. :)
How do you know that someone else has not beat you to it with regard to using the phrase you have in mind?

Have you done a google metasearch for it using several different search engines?

-- Tom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts