1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Training Report and Database tracking

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ykmr, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ykmr

ykmr Thread Starter

Hi,

I need help to sort data and create a database template that generates these:

- sorts name Alphabetically (macro) - main Name Sheet

Training sheets
    - main sheet - sorts by date (i'm not sure if its better to put in ALL staff's name or just the ones who went for training so far)
    - how will I know who went for what training
    - how will I know department X's employees has gone for how many training so far? (separate sheets for individual department?)
    - generates budget allocated and budget utilised
    - how will I know for course X, who are the participants

I have sample of the Macro based excel sheets but this was a sample from someone else and too complex (some details I dont think I need) which I've been trying to figure out how to use for the raw data i have,but im stumped. Once the macro is run the other sheets are visible.

I'm a bit new and need this quite urgently. help most greatly appreciated

Raw data:
    name
    ID
    Grade
    Dept
    Training category (functional/leadership)
    Course Name
    trainer's name
    Date
    Venue
    Cost
    Budget Allocated
    Utilised Budget

The sheet labled Copy of Database is the current data that was given to me

Attached Files:

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi,
    I can see why your post has remained unanswered, many have viewed it (200+). This not something that can be answered in two lines.
    This requires a study and and you will need to me more explicit with what is expected from you in your company.
    You will need to sit down and write down the exact requirements and then also analyse the data that is given you.
    You'll have to make a small project of it and take some time to evaluate all you have and how you need it to be presented.
    I just took a quick look at the data you furnished and this has told me enough, needs time and understanding of it all before an answer can be given that will help you along.

If you have a table with the courses followed, then yes all the names of the persons that followed them should be there.
    You have a total overview of all personell with a unique code so use this as your data source.
    Remember that you should duplicate as little data as possible to keep general maintenance as simple as possible. This will also make updating anb refreshing data simple.

You've got some homework to do.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice