Tranfser of Drupal site to new host, fails.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shobuz99

My friends have a Drupal developed website that they want to transfer to a different hosting service.
Their current service, is also the company that developed their web site in Drupal, from its former HTML based site.
My friends contacted another hosting service to do the migration and transfer; but the new hosting service techs
could not get the entire Drupal site migrated successfully from the former host.
They told my friends that their current host's configuration was not being transferred completely,
and the migration could not occur.
My friends have had a great deal of problems with their current host. The host wants to charge the $2500.00
just to do the transfer to a new service. This is an extremely high cost for a migration of any web site.
My friends do not have the money to spend to pay the price their current host wants.
It appears to be a "hostage" kind of problem.
I hesitate to mention the current business that is asking these exorbitant fees; but they are
a large corporation.
I am not familiar with the details of the contract agreement between the current host and my friends;
BUT, my friends have told me their agreement does not stipulate exact charges for migration or transfer
of the web site to a new host.
My question is, Are there any Drupal experts or consultants here on TechGuy.org that could advise
my friends on how to successfully migrate from their current host to a new host?
Also, Has anyone ever heard of an IT Lawyer or IT legal consultant that could look into this on my friends behalf?

If you need more specifics, please send me a private message and I will share with you all facts that I know.
I appreciate any help or advice you have for me.
Shobuzz99

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online