Transcription software won't play MP3s anymore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jeanc200358

I am a transcriptionist and I have been using StartStop Universal transcription software for about three years now. About three weeks ago, it all of a sudden decided to stop playing MP3 files, which is a critical issue for me.

Tech guy at the place I bought the software spent a lot of time trying to figure out the problem, but to no avail.

I had been having memory problems right before this happened, and he and i had deleted several things to try to regain some memory. Is it possible I could have deleted something necessary to play these files?

I'm running on Windows 98 SE and am using Windows Media Player. I have found that an older version of Start Stop, Pedal Power for Real Player, plays these files just fine. I'm thinking, therefore, it might be a problem between Windows Media Player and the SS Universal.

The MP3 files simply will not open at all when I try to open them with any version of Universal; they don't even show up in the queue. They will, however, open if I open them through Windows Media Player.

I was using .wav to mp3 conversion software, but it grossly affected audio quality, so this is not an option, unless someone knows of a way to amend this. I was using GoldWave.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Sheila :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online