Transfer a lot of files from phone to pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SquigleSheep

First off, apologies if this is in the wrong place or if there is a super obvious answer that I'm missing.
My girlfriend wants to transfer all her photos and videos from her Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android 8.0.0) to her computer (Windows 10). The problem is that she has about 8.8GB of images, 7.7GB of videos saved to her phone, 7.7 GB of images and 15.8GB of videos saved to her SD card. Transferring them in one go would take over a day assuming something doesn't crash it half way through.

Is there a more efficient way to transfer large amounts of files from the phone to the PC?

So far we've only tried the standard the standard windows import/drag and drop with a USB cable. We've not tried transferring via the cloud because I figured it would still take way too long to upload and download the photos and we haven't tried Droid transfer because she doesn't have enough space left on her phone to download the companion app.

Last edited:

Oddba11

Jim
The S7 uses USB3. So using a computer with a USB3 port shouldn't take that long.

A card reader could be useful, but won't be any faster, plus you have to open the phone.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts