1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transfer bookmark folders between browsers

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by emkaye, Jun 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emkaye

emkaye Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3983 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -2040 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 454 GB (401 GB Free); D: 9 GB (1 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Foxconn, 2ABF
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

I use 4 different browsers ( Pale Moon, Firefox Quantum, SlimJet, & Chrome )all of which can both import and export bookmarks via HTML.
    How can I export and then import into another browser just one folder of my many folders and individual bookmarks?
    Thanks

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I export and import between Palemoon, FF ESR and FF Quantum. I don't use the other two browsers so I can't tell you what to do for those.

In FF or Palemoon, export to HTML. I put the HTML file on my desktop then copy to a USB stick to use on a different computer.
    Open FF or Palemoon, the one you did not use above. Make sure there are no bookmarks or you will have duplicates and it will be a pain to cleanup.
    In this second browser select Import from HTML and point it to the file on your desktop or a USB stick.

Some people sync bookmarks. I choose not to do that because a) my two computers have different bookmarks than my husband's two computers and I don't want them mixed and b) I prefer to keep bookmarks private and not sitting in some cloud server storage.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice