Transfer data to hdd.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cool breeze

I have installed a new hdd and want to get all the data transfered from the old disk to the new, is there a way?.

Thanks in advance.

techkid

David
Stuff like your My Documents folder is a matter of copy and paste. Applications, programs, games etc, would require you to uninstall and reinstall to the new drive.

cool breeze

<Stuff like your My Documents folder is a matter of copy and paste. Applications, programs, games etc, would require you to uninstall and reinstall to the new drive>.

Thanks Techkid,

It was the app's etc etc i was hoping to do. Don't have use of another computer to transfer,another 2days of loading(gg).

DoubleHelix

Banned
Go to the hard drive manufacturer's site and look for an application that will copy everything from the old drive to the new one.

Copy and paste what you can and reinstall everything else. If you clone another hard drive from another system, it will never boot up.

DoubleHelix

Banned
The original post doesn't indicate this is two systems. It indicates one system, two hard drives, an old and a new.

If you're replacing the hard drive in your computer, get the free cloning software, and you'll have everything transferred over in no time.

cool breeze

<If you clone another hard drive from another system, it will never boot up>.

Hi Rich-M

Just managed to clone the drive, it has booted o.k, all programs are still there, so far so good.

Used Acronis true image.

Sorry about that DoubleHelix, should phrase things better.

cool breeze said:
<If you clone another hard drive from another system, it will never boot up>.

Hi Rich-M

Just managed to clone the drive, it has booted o.k, all programs are still there, so far so good.

Used Acronis true image.

Sorry about that DoubleHelix, should phrase things better.
Well sure if it is the same hardware...I thought this was from another system is all...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts