Transfer e-mail to USB

bigsooner

I have serval e-mails which I would like to transfer to a USB. Can you tell me how to do this. Please be specific as I am an "old dude".
Many "Thanks"

Couriant

James
How are you viewing your email? via an app like Outlook or web-based?

Couriant

James
OK, then the easiest way to do this would be to use a mail app like Thunderbird and then once your email populates in it, you can simply copy and paste it onto the usb drive.

bigsooner

OK, then the easiest way to do this would be to use a mail app like Thunderbird and then once your email populates in it, you can simply copy and paste it onto the usb drive.
OK. I presume you know I', using M/S 10 on a computer. Where may I find this app?

bigsooner

I notice that if I use "Thunderbird" app, I must give my name , e-mail address and my password. I'm not comfortable with doing that, is there something else I can use which doesn't require the mentioned?
Thanks.

plodr

Liz
if I use "Thunderbird" app, I must give my name , e-mail address and my password.
Where exactly did you see this?
No mention here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/installing-thunderbird-windows

Of course since Thunderbird is a program to collect mail and download said mail to your computer, it has to know an email address so it knows where to go to collect the mail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another option: scroll down to the section Steps to save AOL Emails in a flash drive
https://www.datarecovery.institute/how-to-save-aol-emails-to-external-hard-drive-easily/

Of course Verizon just sold off Yahoo and AOL email so I'm not 100% positive that the AOL Email Backup Tool works the way it did when this article was written.

Last edited:

bigsooner

On the home page of Thunderbird, 1st block on the left, click on something like "more info. I'll check the datarecoveryinstitute.
Thanks.

plodr

Liz
On the home page of Thunderbird
I don't have Thunderbird installed so I can't click on more info.
Is this what you mean, when you are asked to setup an email account?mail-account-setup.png

That's pretty standard. I usually put in my first name and initial of my last name so people know who they are receiving mail from
Then you have to put in an email address like your username at aol.com and the email password for that account.
Remember this is on your computer.
That info is necessary otherwise Thunderbird would not be able to open your email at aol and download it to your computer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online