1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

transfer emails from windows mail to outlook express 6

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by elim, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elim

elim Thread Starter

ive exported the emails from windows mail but i dont know how to get them to appear on my xp computer, theres no option help?

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi elim

All messages created in Windows Mail should have the .eml extension.
    Try dragging one message into the Inbox in Outlook Express, the message should then appear in the Inbox, in Outlook Express.

If that works, create the folder in Outlook Express, open the folder and select all the messages you want to keep in that folder and drag them into their new home.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

3. md_k_rafi

md_k_rafi

Hi,

U can use incerdimail for this. u can view all ur windows mail and also outlook mails in one ( incredimail)
    u can download and run the program 4m http://www.incredimail.com

4. elim

elim Thread Starter

i cant windows mail is on my vista comp

outlook is on my xp comp

5. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

So the Exported messages from Windows Mail are still on the Vista computer?

Did you try copying the Exported messages to the Windows XP computer?

6. elim

elim Thread Starter

right heres what ive done

i clicked export -> messages on windows mail which backed up all my emails onto a usb

then i loaded my xp computer, loaded outlook but theres no option to import the email that are from windows mail

also where would i copy the emails too on the xp comp

7. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Drag and drop the Exported messages, from the flash drive, to the Desktop.
    Open Outlook Express.
    Open the Inbox, drag one message from the Exported messages, into the Inbox, and drop it.
    I always use the Right pane of Outlook Express, so I don't have to zero in on one tiny folder.

The message should appear in Outlook Express as soon as you drop it.

Then create folders as needed in Outlook Express, access each folder and drag those messages that you want into those folders.

It is not going to be as easy as simply Importing and clicking a few buttons.

Alternatively, if you click on one of the Exported messages (outside of Outlook Express), it should open as if it was in Outlook Express.

8. md_k_rafi

md_k_rafi

Hi mate,

U can take backup of windows mail. open windows mail go to file and export the items to a back up drive.
    or
    right click on windows mail and go to properties and select the path shown there.
    now click windows+r and paste the path copied and press enter

now it will take u to the windows mail data. copy it and take back up on to external drive....

now u can install incredi mail and use import export option under file tab and load ur mails. its simple in incerdimail to import n export as they r just user friendly options.

hope this will solve u r issue......

9. md_k_rafi

md_k_rafi

so u have imported teh mail then just follow the steps i have given in the thread....

u r smart enough in solving dear.. u r the best in doing this.. good

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice