1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transfer folder to a Google photo album

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by jackstarke, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackstarke

jackstarke Thread Starter

I have a folder with jpg images that I would like to transfer to a google album. Previously I could do this from Picasa by selecting all files and clicking "Upload to Google phot0". It retained the order of the files in the original folder, as sorted and renamed in Picasa. Can I use Google Upload and Sync"? How do I do this?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8089 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 236 GB (28 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 198F
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

3. jackstarke

jackstarke Thread Starter

The green button in Picasa to upload to Google Photo, which retains the sorted order of files, no longer works. I accept the fact that Picasa is dead.

My objective is to upload any folder containing image files from my computer to Google Photo and not lose the order of the photos. Google Photo does allow sorting the photos by oldest first, newest first, or recently added. However it does not allow sorting by file name, which would accomplish my objective of keeping photos in the proper order.

With over a 100 folders with files sorted it would be a major job to ressort in Google Photos. If only they provided the option of sorting by file name, I would be all set. Any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220195

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice