Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Transfer from Access Database to Access Database

915 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  THoey 
#1 ·
I have MS Access 2000. I initially created a long book list several years ago. I recently found a template from the MS database for books that I downloaded that I like better. I have tried importing the data from the old database to the new one but with no luck. Both are in Access 2000. I am running Win2K.
Thanks

#3 ·
Sorry. I didn’t investigate nor give enough information previously. Here is what has happened so far.

I open the new database template from MS that has six example items. I go to file/get external data/import/pick old database then get dialog box and select all tables, queries etc. and click OK.
Now that I have looked a little more the data WAS imported but probally not to the new Switchboard and the old switchboard is still there and works just like the old database. I will try all this again and not import the switchboard.
Let me get back to you after I play with this a little.
Thanks

#4 ·
Well, I guess I don't know what I am doing.
I cannot link the old data with the new. It is there when I look at the details but I get the old format. I tried just importing certain items but they did not link. I then deleted the whole mess and downloaded the template again and started over. Looks like I am importing the wrong item or too many of them
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.