1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transfer of Photos

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jackrussell, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jackrussell

jackrussell Thread Starter

I am using Win. 98, my daughter is using Win. ME and wants to send me photos over e-mail from her digital camera. I don't seem to have a system to download them. The last ones were downloaded using "Wordpad" and resulted in nothing but gibberish (new technical term). Do I need to acquire some new software or is there something she can do at her end to solve the problem ?

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jack
    When your daughter send the pics what format are you receiving them in? RE: Jpeg, Gif, Bmp
    Dave

3. hewee

hewee

She could upload to a picture type of site that you can view them from.

They don't like you to save the images so they change the format on you when you try to save but you can ad the file type to the name to get around that.

I have images here at http://www.printroom.com/
    It not like some others that you have to install there upload software to us it so that's good.
    You can put a lock on all the images. You can have many albums and lock to ones you want to or lock the and give others a password.
    You set it up with a master passward and then a password to just see the albums or one for each ablum if you want.

Also JPG files only but they can be big ones.
    I uploade image from a Kodak CD at full size.
    Click on find pictures and type in hewee. You will see 3 albums but can only see the one.
    Then click the thumbnail. You will get a big image then. But click it again to get full size.

Wow cool they have all the Miss America for 2001 pictures here.
    http://www.printroom.com/missamerica/

4. jackrussell

Davey asked what format I am receiving the photos in:

answer: "ZIP"

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jack
    The files are compressed especially for transfer through the E-mail.
    Go to www.winzip.com and download their thier trial package so you can unpack the downloads. This will create a folder for you with all the picks in them.
    If you already have a zip program use that to unpack it.
    Dave

6. jackrussell

Looks like the "Winzip" download is the best answer for me - Thanks

7. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jack
    Let us know how it turns out for you.
    Dave

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63756

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice