1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

transfer office to another computer

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bellmore123, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bellmore123

bellmore123 Thread Starter

Hi,

I bought a Laptop (HP) 2 months ago and it has windows 8 in it. I'm having problems with the laptop and I want to buy a new one but I installed office 2010 to it. Now I want to know if you can please help me transfer that to another laptop. Is there any way to do It???? Microsoft Office has a CD but I installed it through the code Because my Laptop doesn't have CD-Rom.
    Please help me

2. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

When you purchased it for installation online, A backup of your software and your product key are available online for you to access anytime, whether your computer crashes or you want to reinstall your software.
    Here is a link with some info concerning this:
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Software_Downloads
    If you purchased from another sire, the same should apply.
    Note: you may need to purchase the Backup DVD, usually $15 from what I have seen.

3. bellmore123

bellmore123 Thread Starter

But my laptop has Windows 8 in it and I bought the CD from Best buy but just because there Was no CD-Rom thats why I install it through the code but not from online...There are no information about Windows 8 and how I transfer from It

4. Vaiohelp

Vaiohelp

Use the activation code on your new laptop so all the other info transfers, then get a memory stick to transfer word documents

5. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

If you have tho old laptop still, one of the last things to do before you do whatever you will with it, Office (your purchase) should be uninstalled. The product you installed from code on the new laptop is the one that is licensed to you that you can take with you. If your new laptop has a DVD and you have the DVD for installation, all you need is your product key to install it on the new computer. Any files you need can be transferred like Vaiohelp suggested, by USB backup, or, if not too many, simply email them to your email and retrieve that way. A DVD player or Burner is a good investment at pennies on the dollar now if the new laptop does not have one installed. Note: if the laptop came with Office as a package, and you bought the CD for that package, the license most likely belongs to that laptop. If you bought a newer, even an upgrade DVD - that belongs to you. You will have to verify with the Seller / Microsoft. IE) - You return it to store - Office is part of the laptop without the new office you purchased. Next person to buy that laptop can renistall original office from their Recovery using the same product key and cause a licensing conflict.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086326

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice