1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transfer programs from Win 98 to Win XP

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rvccpa, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rvccpa

rvccpa Thread Starter

I have 9 years of my income tax program, with data on 200 returns for each year on my Win98 machine. I also have a general ledger program with 40 clients data on my Win98 machine. Is there any program I can buy that will transfer these data files and programs to my new Win XP Home machine. I have all of the disks for my tax program going back 9 years, as well as the original disks of my general ledger program. I can do a new install, but that would take a considerable number of hours to reinstall everything. Any suggestions on a better method to move theses items? The machines will be on a network, if that is any help. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

To ensure a good stable environment on XP, I would recommend the reinstall route.

The data files for your taxes and GL program can be moved independent of the reinstall. Or, I guess, left on the 98 machine and accessed over the net?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490480

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice