1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transfer video from Sony camcorder trv330e to computer without firewire port...?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WebMyster, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebMyster

WebMyster Thread Starter

Is it neccesary to get a Fire Wire port to transfer video from your camcorder to the computer? I was told that you can transfer thru a USB port... but i hvae no clue as to how to do that. I have a Sony DCR-TRV330E.
    Is it possible? and if it is, ow do u transfer and what do i need?

2. vboccio

vboccio

Fire wire is the best way. I don't know of any camears that transfer through a USb port unless you have an adapter. USB is going to be super slow becasue videos are huge amounts of info, 15 minutes is about 700 mb. The best way to transfer video to a pc is to first adda firewire port but if you don't want to do that there is a device called the Dazzle. It is supper easy to use and the quality of the transfer is flawless . I think the device goes for about $100. I have used it to transfer movies to cd for training sessions and to demonstrate how products work. The salesman that use the videos to sell the products say the quality of the videos on there laptops are perfect.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice