Solved Transfer Win 10 system image

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Battlesoaked

When I tried to create a system image on a 128 GB USB drive (ntfs format), I got an error message saying that it wasn't a valid backup location. I was able to save the image to my Seagate 4TB external drive. Can I just transfer the folder containing the backup from the Seagate Drive to the 128 GB USB drive?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
One can not use the restore function if the image is on the same drive that one wishes to restore.
So why do you want it on the Seagate drive?

Battlesoaked

The Seagate drive is also an external drive. Thanks, tho, for your response. :)
I've decided to use Macruim Reflect, so I'm going to mark this thread as solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online