1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transfering files from old hard drive to new one

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by digger747, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digger747

digger747 Thread Starter

I just built a new system for a lady.New system has windows xp on it.Installed old hard drive with windows 98se in it as slave drive.Bios recognizes it as slave ok.She called and said was having trouble transfering all her files to new drive.I have never done that,didnt think it should be to hard though.When you go to my computer it is shown as F drive.Cant she just open up files in old drive and right click and hit sent to c drive? anyway any help from someone who has done this would be appreciated.Thank you,keep up good work

2. ratchet

ratchet

Could she open the files and saves as... to the new drive

3. digger747

digger747 Thread Starter

she was trying to drag and drop them to new drive,just found article that said when moving files from one drive to another you must hold down shift key when doing so .Guess i will have her try that.Thanks for helping,will have her try that also.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice