transfering from old to new computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

splice

I have a older dell that is not working to well it willn't download all the time.I just bought a new dell and tryed to transfer from one to the other ,it looks like it is working right but after hours of trying nothing. I used the same setup last time all went well but not this time. My question is what other way can I transfer? The old computer don't have a burner any help would be most helpful. thanks splice

What are you trying to transfer and how?

Some common options are to create a network between the two computers or use an external USB drive.

splice

I have tryed with a easy transfer cable but it hangs up at the finding files, an there is no way that I can get past that point . splice

splice

I would like to transfer all that I can from the old computer. All of her downloads of the games her avon buisness her email and favorities and programs of her card printing that she uses quite often.A question could I use a flash drive to transfer from one to the other computer this info?

If both computers support external USB drives, then as mentioned in the very first reply, you can use an external USB drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online