Transfering music to a cell phone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wooo

I want to transfer music from my computer to my cell phone but i dont know how. I have the LG vx-8100 phone and i have a 1GB SD card in the phone and i also have the usb cable to conect it to my compter but when i connect it, my pc automatically downloads the driver for th phone but then the phone is not listed under mycomputer and is not detected by winodws media player for syncing music. Can someone please help me?

Thank You

Your phone has bluetooth. I use that on my phone (sony ericsson) to transfer music and pictures, very quick and wireless.

All the cables I have tried with phones have never worked and I'm my opinion, they're a waste of time.

bluetooth adaptors (USB) are cheap on ebay, usually way overpriced in shops. Post back if you want more info or let me know if you want to use the cable anyway.

wooo

I was thinking of using bluetooth but i dont want to spend anymore money cause i already had to buy the SD card and the USB cable so can you help me with useing the cable way?

Thank You

Fair enough.

Did the cable come with a CD of any kind? Is it an LG one or a un-branded cable?

wooo

The cable did not come with any CD and the cable is an LG cable

Try connecting the cable without the phone on the end. I know I had to do that for a cable I used once. Once it's detected a cable you can then attach the phone.

A shot in the dark I know but worth a try while I look for some drivers for you..

wooo

I connected the cable but nothing happened, my computer didnt detect it.

When i connected my phone to my computer a few days ago it automatically loaded the drivers but im not sure if those were the rite drivers cause under device manager the phone is listed as a LG modem.

I'm out of ideas then sorry. Does the cable have a model number on it of any sort?

Just plugging a cable in to the pc will do nothing unless there is a peripheral attached to it.
Have you loaded the software and drivers that came with the phone cd?

wooo

I Loaded the drivers for the phone but the phone did not come with any CD.
Is there any program that you know that will help me transfer the music?

Windows media player 11 should sync with the phone ok, it should recognize it as an MP3 player.
You could also go to the phone makers website and see if they have any software.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online