1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transfering music to a cell phone

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wooo, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wooo

wooo Thread Starter

I want to transfer music from my computer to my cell phone but i dont know how. I have the LG vx-8100 phone and i have a 1GB SD card in the phone and i also have the usb cable to conect it to my compter but when i connect it, my pc automatically downloads the driver for th phone but then the phone is not listed under mycomputer and is not detected by winodws media player for syncing music. Can someone please help me?

Thank You

2. jackdw

jackdw

Your phone has bluetooth. I use that on my phone (sony ericsson) to transfer music and pictures, very quick and wireless.

All the cables I have tried with phones have never worked and I'm my opinion, they're a waste of time.

bluetooth adaptors (USB) are cheap on ebay, usually way overpriced in shops. Post back if you want more info or let me know if you want to use the cable anyway.

3. wooo

wooo Thread Starter

I was thinking of using bluetooth but i dont want to spend anymore money cause i already had to buy the SD card and the USB cable so can you help me with useing the cable way?

Thank You

4. jackdw

jackdw

Fair enough.

Did the cable come with a CD of any kind? Is it an LG one or a un-branded cable?

5. wooo

wooo Thread Starter

The cable did not come with any CD and the cable is an LG cable

6. jackdw

jackdw

Try connecting the cable without the phone on the end. I know I had to do that for a cable I used once. Once it's detected a cable you can then attach the phone.

A shot in the dark I know but worth a try while I look for some drivers for you..

7. wooo

wooo Thread Starter

I connected the cable but nothing happened, my computer didnt detect it.

When i connected my phone to my computer a few days ago it automatically loaded the drivers but im not sure if those were the rite drivers cause under device manager the phone is listed as a LG modem.

8. jackdw

jackdw

I'm out of ideas then sorry. Does the cable have a model number on it of any sort?

9. bigbear

bigbear

Just plugging a cable in to the pc will do nothing unless there is a peripheral attached to it.
    Have you loaded the software and drivers that came with the phone cd?

10. wooo

wooo Thread Starter

I Loaded the drivers for the phone but the phone did not come with any CD.
    Is there any program that you know that will help me transfer the music?

11. bigbear

bigbear

Windows media player 11 should sync with the phone ok, it should recognize it as an MP3 player.
    You could also go to the phone makers website and see if they have any software.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543140

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice