1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

transfering music to my mp3 player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by cj47, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cj47

cj47 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have purchased a Matsunichi MF 326-512 MP3 player. My system is windows 98 second edition. I have loaded the cd for the driver, but nothing seems to happen except a message when the pc opens up "searching for w98eject.exe".(and then can not find file, or maybe it said shortcut, can't remember!) I have checked on line and this is a file that is needed for downloading files to my mp 3 player, but i can not find how to download the file. When i plug in the mp3 player, it can not find a driver for it. i have been trying to uninstall, and reload many times, but the same thing just keeps happening. Any one have any suggestions please? and by the way, i am very basic on my knowledge. Cheers.
    Chris.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm sure that W98 requires drivers for that device. Did you read the exact installation instructions for the player? They specify a sequence of events to follow, and if you do them out of order, sometimes things go badly.

3. cj47

cj47 Thread Starter

Thanks for reply, yes, I have followed instructions to the letter, and have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 20 times now, with the same results. The message about the w98eject.exe file comes up every time I start my pc. I confess I can not understand why the cd supplied for the driver that came with the mp player, will not install properly. I have even tried to get the pc to reccognise the player, which it does, but just askes for a driver, and then tells me there is not one available!! Help!!! I'm stuck!

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You may need to talk to their tech support. I have never heard of that player...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice