1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transfering Photos onto CD

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by katie_didit, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. katie_didit

katie_didit Thread Starter

How can I trasfer photos on to a CD-R or CD-RW..?? I have a Liteon CD Writer (Nero) Do I need a Software Programe to do this......Kate...

2. factor

factor

ive never used nere but if you just want a cd to play in your pc then just create a data disc with your photos.

3. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

4. factor

factor

5. RSM123

RSM123

6. slipe

slipe

To transfer your photos to CD you need only use the “Compile a new CD” then “Data CD” choices from the opening wizard. Picture files record like any data CD.

I think the newer versions of Nero will automatically record multi-session from the opening wizard if you select Data CD. What that does is to write a lead in for another session on the same CD so you can record more stuff if you don’t fill it. Check your help file for multi-session if you aren’t going to fill the CD.

If you want to use packet writing (InCD) where you drag/paste in Windows Explorer to RW, image files drag or copy/paste like anything else. My photos are much too valuable to me to trust to a packet written CD as the only source. Packet writing can lose data and RW is not good for long term storage.

You might want to look at this freeware: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/myalbum/MyAlbum.html It will help build a CD album and lets you organize your photos so you can find them. Irfanview will also build a slideshow you can record but does not have the organizational capabilities. It is a great viewer and free: www.irfanview.com

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112614

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice