1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transferring all photos from multiple programs...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by sassycat, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sassycat

sassycat Thread Starter

I have multiple photo programs (rec'd from various sources...digital frame, HP Office Jet...etc) -- and I have photos scattered thruout these programs. I want to only use Adobe Photo Shop (and I want to upgrade to the Elements 7 program). So how do I move these photos out of their program.......and into the Adobe Photo Shop? Thanks so much........

oh.......I have a Dell Dimension 3000 PC with Windows XP

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

What you could do is get Picasa 3 if you don't have it, install that and when started the first time it should ask if you want it to search your whole compter for images (or you can find that option in the settings). Let Picasa grind away on that and when its done it will have a database and thumbs of all the photos it finds.

Most of the photos of interest will probably already be in your My Pictures (just Pictures in Vista) though they may be in specific sub folders made by other programs. Then if you find a folder of photos that isn't in your Pictures directory (if that's where you want to put them all) you can either click on the folder icon (in Picasa 3) at the begining of each set of pictures displayed in that folder, or right click on one of the pictures and choose Locate on Disk. This will open up the folder with those photos and then you can copy or move them to where you want them to be.

You can also do that directly in Picasa by selecting the photos in a folder and right click and choose Move to folder...

When you have them all in one location, like in the My Pictures folder and subfolders therein, you only have to point the Adobe photo browser or open file... command to the My Pictures folder of whatever subfolder in My Pictures that your photos are in and they will all be there all the time...for any graphics program ordered to store the photos the way you want them to be, not how it wants to do things.

Good luck

3. sassycat

sassycat Thread Starter

thank you so much -- will be anxious to try this (or may wait on my son to walk me thru it!!!).........

4. sassycat

sassycat Thread Starter

thanks again SO MUCH. I was able to do this myself w/no problems. Worked so slick and easy...........and quick!! Haven't had much time to fool w/the editing -- but looking forward to playing w/the Picasa program....................

5. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Great, be sure to also backup those photos and other important data periodically to an external hard drive or DVDs or online if you're not already.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice