1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transferring CS to another computer

Discussion in 'Games' started by PsychoBoyJac, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PsychoBoyJac

PsychoBoyJac Thread Starter

hey, my friend has CS and he doesn't play it anymore and i've been trying to get mine to work forever but it doesn't...is there any way i can transfer he cd key to my computer and have it playable online?

2. flyeater

flyeater

Since I assume you are talking about the retail version of CS & not the free Half Life mod version (if you have Half Life you don't need anything but the HL key) I would have to say no. It's piracy.
    Why not buy a copy of HL. It's gotten pretty cheap. Around $20. Then you can download the CS mod & all the other mods for free. Heck it's even cheaper than the CS retail version. There is no difference in game play between the retail & free mod.

3. AtreideS

AtreideS

Flyeater is spot on. It's piracy.
    You should check the legality of it, but why don't you ask your friend for his copy of CS. Actually get the original CD's and CD-Key off him. If he doesnt play it anymore, then he won't mind.. surely? Im pretty sure that is all legal, as long as the original owner no longer has a copy of the game, or the CD-Key. But I suggest you check it first.

4. PsychoBoyJac

PsychoBoyJac Thread Starter

i have the cd but he lost cd key a while back....is it possible to go into the regedit and get the key from there?

5. GLiO

GLiO

You can use the HL CD-Key Changer click. But like these guys said...If he doesn't play it anymore just take his box with the Cd-Key on it. I will hunt down any pirater's of Half-Life.

6. AtreideS

AtreideS

GLiO, just let me get my shotty and I'll help you :D

7. flyeater

flyeater

Give me a Garand.

[​IMG]

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice