1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transferring Data to New Phone

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by IncompetentIngrid, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IncompetentIngrid

IncompetentIngrid Thread Starter

Hi!
    I am not very tech savvy and have no idea about how anything works...o_O

First of all, what is the card that is in the card slot on the top of my galaxy s6 edge?! I know that I have 32 GB of storage on my phone but I don't know what type of card (SIM or SD) that is coming from. Apparently s6 phones contain nano-SIM cards, is the removable chip in the top of my phone a nano-SIM card?

(I know that I can remove this card by sticking the special key that came with my phone in the little hole on the top of my phone, which is on the left hand side.) My phone has been water damaged and it wont turn on. I have already tried all of tricks to bring it back to life (although I will keep trying), but I want to get a new phone for now. If I take out the 32GB card what will happen to my old phone? If I put this card into a new phone will all my pictures and contacts be transferred to the new phone, as well as my phone number? Thanks for your help.;)

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Download the user guide and manual
    http://www.samsunggalaxys6manual.co...e-manual-user-guide-instruction-pdf-download/
    at the very least you will know what the parts are called.

Since you say it isn't working now, removing one or 2 cards won't change that fact.

Pictures perhaps if the camera was set up to store images on the microsd card.
    Contacts, probably not since I suspect they are stored on the internal phone memory BUT ask a tech when you buy the new phone.
    They might be able to transfer things that you can't. (They know more tricks than the average user).

3. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

If you bought and used a microSD card and made config changes to save pics to it, then they're there. They're not on the SIM.

When you get a new phone, set up a prog to backup pics. Flickr, Google Photos. Need to have a backup plan.

4. increasepixie33

increasepixie33

taking out the sim card and memory card should'nt do anything to your phone. If you put the memory card in your new phone, you might be able to recover some of the images. if you put your old sim card in your new phone, there is a chance that you can recover SOME of your contacts.

TonyB25 is right. You should ALWAYS save your files (images, contacts, etc) in another device or via cloud. Google can help you with that.

5. IncompetentIngrid

IncompetentIngrid Thread Starter

Thank you guys this i very helpful! I have saved somethings to google drive but unfortunately my most recent pictures were not saved.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1188917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice