1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

transferring digital images

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by debodun, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. debodun

debodun Thread Starter

A friend lent me her Toshiba M65 digital camera so I could take some pics of the interior of my house. Now I'm stymied. I'm not sure how to get the images from the camera to the computer. There's some kind of cable that attaches to the camera and then to the computer, but it's a USB connection. My computer is 8 years old and doesn't have USB connections - even the dot-matrix printer is connected by a parallel port. Should I just forget about a digital camera or is there another way to get the pics off the camera? I took it to my work computer which has a USB port, but I still couldn't download. It said it needed some software. I tried to download the camera drivers from the Toshiba site, but it still didn't work.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

You best bet is to download them from your work computer or a friends if that one doesn't work.....your one at work has all the Windows updates......as there should be no problem downloading them......most cases just plug it into the USB and away you go.....there is sometimes you will need to download the drivers.

3. debodun

debodun Thread Starter

Um...I said that the computer at work (has Windows XP Pro as OS) couldn't see them even after I downloaded the drivers.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I can't find any info at all on Toshiba's web site about that camera, so I'm interested to know what you downloaded. If you want to connect the camera directly to the computer, you're going to need the software and/or drivers for that specific camera. Nothing else is going to work.

The only other option is to purchase a memory card reader that would connect to the USB port on your work computer. Then you'd take the card out of the camera and put it in the reader.

5. Knotbored

Knotbored

Most photo processing stores (and PC stores) can make a CD from the memory card. Take the card and camera into the store, explain you are in the market for a camera (or a PC) and ask for a demonstration.

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

That camera should need no drivers or software with an XP OS...if your home computer is other than XP...you did not say...then drivers may be necessary

With an XP OS it will be shown as another drive in Explorer

If this is just a one time thing then as Knotbored said ...take the card to any CVS, Wallies etc: and have it put on a CD

If they can't read it then you may have been loaned a bad camera or card...

buck

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice