1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transferring emails from one Hotmail account to another

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Riddles, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riddles

Riddles Thread Starter

I've scoured the Internet for solutions, and while I've given countless attempts to no avail, I want to give this one last try.

I've mainly tried to use Outlook 2002 (as that's the version I have) by connecting it to my original email account. That went smoothly. Then I exported all my messages to a .pst file. Though that had some hiccups along the way, that also went smoothly. I then connected Outlook 2002 to my new email address - it received the few messages that were already there, so that was fine.

I then imported my original email messages via the .pst file into my new account (still in Outlook). All the emails showed up, in the right folders and perfect. The only problem now, is getting the Hotmail web client to recognize these.

I also forwarded all the messages as attachments as one email message and tried moving the attachments, but (though this sounds incredibly picky), it did not preserve the timestamps.

I've seen Windows Live Mail and am reluctant to use it, though I will if I have no other choice.

So, if there's any way at all to transfer my email messages -no matter how long-winded- that'd be great! If not, I'll have to cope with Live Mail or some other client, or without those timestamps.

If it's relevant, I am running Windows XP (SP2). If there are any other details I need to/should provide, I'm perfectly willing.

Thanks in advance!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/774162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice