1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transferring Emails from Outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by justbe77, Apr 6, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. justbe77

justbe77 Thread Starter

Hi- How do you transfer emails from an outlook email account that you no longer have the password to to another email account. Alternatively, can these emails be saved to a folder and be put onto another email account? The key item is that the emails can be obtained but there is no password available. Thank you

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Then how are you able to access them?

3. justbe77

justbe77 Thread Starter

It is on an old work computer. I need to return the work computer but want to get my emails off there first. Is this possible?

4. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Assuming it's running one of the Outlook clients, you could export the emails to a PST file. Which version is installed on the PC?

5. justbe77

justbe77 Thread Starter

I have saved it as a PST file. The outlook version is 1901 (2013 version-updated 2018).
    When I attach this file to email to another outlook , how do I open it up?

6. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

You can use File, Open in most versions of Outlook (if memory serves me well), and then open the PST file from there. As an example from Outlook 365, you click on File, Open, and then choose "Open Outlook Data File".

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Well considering this is a work computer, you should be going to their I.T. department. Taking an email account/inbox that has company information on it (i.e. sales/customer contact information, financial information, etc.) may have implications to it, like stealing company property.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice