Transferring Emails from Outlook

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

justbe77

Hi- How do you transfer emails from an outlook email account that you no longer have the password to to another email account. Alternatively, can these emails be saved to a folder and be put onto another email account? The key item is that the emails can be obtained but there is no password available. Thank you

justbe77

It is on an old work computer. I need to return the work computer but want to get my emails off there first. Is this possible?

Assuming it's running one of the Outlook clients, you could export the emails to a PST file. Which version is installed on the PC?

justbe77

I have saved it as a PST file. The outlook version is 1901 (2013 version-updated 2018).
When I attach this file to email to another outlook , how do I open it up?

You can use File, Open in most versions of Outlook (if memory serves me well), and then open the PST file from there. As an example from Outlook 365, you click on File, Open, and then choose "Open Outlook Data File".

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well considering this is a work computer, you should be going to their I.T. department. Taking an email account/inbox that has company information on it (i.e. sales/customer contact information, financial information, etc.) may have implications to it, like stealing company property.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online