1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transferring files to/from PC w/USB on Samsung S9+

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by bj nick, Aug 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

This is something I do all the time w/no issues: I often work "off-grid" without a wi-fi connection. I'll use File Explorer to transfer files to/from the phone and PC. On a recent trip, though, the document files refused to transfer (Word docs.) The connection via USB showed up clearly, I could see the file structure of phone and PC, and I could transfer a jpg, but not docs. I tried over and over. Once home I tried again just now, and it worked perfectly. Any ideas why this occurred?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Was the doc open in Word app ? Usually when a file is in use, it is locked from modification.

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I don't think so.....I tried a couple of different docs.......but a .jpeg transferred immediately......and once I returned home all worked as normal once again. Strange....

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

When you got home, was Word still open when you successfully did a transfer ? MS Word locks the file when it opens a doc.

5. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Can't be that, as I arbitrarily selected Word docs that had been downloaded a long time before.....specifically to test that it wasn't something to do with the one file I had been working on.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice