1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transferring Files...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DecidingBark, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DecidingBark

DecidingBark Thread Starter

Alright, I think this is the right forum for this question. In my apartment, I have a computer that is not hooked up to the internet b/c I can't afford to pay internet bills every month. So I use the internet computers at my University. Now, I downloaded this program I want to transfer from the university to my computer. Unfortunatly, zipped up it is over 2 megs. So, I figured I would split the contents up over several disks. Again, unfortunate, the exe file is 1.6 megs zipped. Does anybody have any suggestions of how I can get this from one computer to the other? My disks are only 1.44 megs, and I can't burn it onto a CD or use a big ZIP disk (can't read it at home). Anyone?

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

3. DecidingBark

DecidingBark Thread Starter

Thanks, man. I owe you one.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You should invest in a USB FLASH disk, they're really cheap for the smaller ones, and very convenient for this kind of use. :)

5. jdl

jdl

You can own a flash drive for less than $24.00 and transfer up to 128 MB from the school computer to your home or vice versa. They are small enough to carry on your key chain. Look at the San Disk model here. I use a larger version and they are excellent. By the way, the price above is your total...no tax, and free shipping.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice