Transferring Outlook Files??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thomastj80

I just established my network connection! Now I can obtain information from comp1 to comp2, but not vice-versa. So, now I need to transfer Outlook files from comp1 to comp2. How do I do this? Should I use the export or is there an easier way since I have a network? Also, I have activities, etc. under each contact and want to ensure this information will transfer as well. Much Thanks!!

corey19981

the easiest way is to export it out of outlook on pc1, share it on the network, then import it on pc2. if you need help in how to export/import it, just say and I'll explain in greater detail.

thomastj80

Well it seems pc2 does not have the full Outlook version. Is there anyway to copy the program from pc1 to pc2? If not, do you know of any free outlook downloads?

corey19981

what do you mean when you say that pc2 doesn't have the full version of outlook? I don't think you can get any trial versions.
you cannot get microsoft outlook for free; it comes with microsoft office. if you haven't got the microsoft office cd, then try copying all the files in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office to pc2, and then copy the start menu shortcut on pc1 onto pc2 (right click on the ms outlook shortcut, paste onto a shared folder). see if that works, although I doubt it since there are obvioulsy other registry keys and files etc. included.

are you sure you don't have the microsoft office cd lying around somewhere? The thing is, Microsoft office is A LOT of money to buy!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online