Transferring PC Components

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Onzlo

Hello
I have a Dell E521 and I am going to buy a new "Antec 900 two" case With that I will Purchase A New "Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H Motherboard" and Corsair HX-450 PSU.
With this Will I be able to Transfer Components from The Dell such as AMD Athlon CPU, Heat sink(if it is not only for dell), Hard Drive, DVD drive, And Floppy Drive. And Will I be able to use all the wiring and cables from the Dell E521?

crjdriver

You can use the hard drive, dvd drive, and floppy drive. The heatsink as long as it is a standard heatsink, you can use it. As for cables, etc; as long as they reach, you can use them.

You do have one rather large problem. You do understand that you need to buy another full version of windows correct? The ver that came with the dell is not legal to install on another system ie gigabyte board. If you try to boot from the windows install that is already on your drive, that will almost always fail. When attempting to install with the dell disks, they do a bios check. If the install does not find the bios it expects, it will not install.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online