1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

transferring pics and videos to laptop

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by helenamarie92, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. helenamarie92

helenamarie92 Thread Starter

The problem I am running into when I try to move any pictures or videos from my cellphone to my laptop is that it shows the incorrect number of files being transferred over. For example, when I try to move my album that has 300 pictures from my phone, it only says there are 150 files on my laptop when I click on "properties." Does anybody know why that is happening?

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    My best recommendation is to move one video file at a time. As for the pictures you can move a few at a time but would recommend also one file at a time for best results. I know it takes a lot of time but will have less errors.

3. LIS333

LIS333

Examine the files. It may be that the discrepancies are thumbnails or other associated files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ronbel

ronbel

If you have an Android phone, try using Google Photos.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Google Photo is not a good choice for those of us who wish to keep our photos private and not shared.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211955

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice