1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Transferring VHS tapes to DVD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by azdood, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. azdood

azdood Thread Starter

I just got a new DVD burner and would like to transfer a lot of VHS tapes to DVD but don't have a clue how to do it or where to start. I imagine I will need to download some type of program to do this and connect my VHS player to my computer in some way. If anyone knows about this process I'd really love to hear from you.

Thanking you in advance.
    azdood [aka David]

2. Deathblow

Deathblow

You would need a video capture card, or a video card with it built in. Then you just need some video capture software (normally included with card) and the cables to run from the VCR to the Card.

3. azdood

azdood Thread Starter

Thanks Deathblow. I'll scope out all your suggestions.

4. storage_man

storage_man

aZdood

You can also buy an external device such as a DAZZLE 80/120. These work the same as a PCI card but connect to a USB Port. You may be disappointed however.
    I just converted 100 hrs of personal videos taken thru 1980's-1990's, and compared to my new digital video camera the quality is very poor - even though it looked pretty good back then. In 1986 I had a Panasonic Lugable and then in 1994 I bought a SONY Handicam - the comparison between the two is just unreal. The Sony has got to be 100 times better than the old Panasonic. But whats really cool is my new Panasonic MINIDV camera is at least 200 times better than the old SONY. The costs between a USB or PCI card devices are minimal. So enjoy your conversion.

Storage_man

5. barnnyardd

barnnyardd

i use adaptec video oh. you connect your vcr to it with rca plugs and then connects to your pc with a usb cord. came with all needed software and easy to use.cost about 70.00 after rebates.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice